Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Sugarbowl (Southside)

Lkung's thoughts...
I think we went there because it was very interesting... Like apparently the sugarbowl has been around the garneau area as many various business forms such as a pub and other stuff before but yea it seemed like a hip place to have some quick lunch... Also I believe they also serve breakfast all day...
For my starter, I had the yam fries and I felt they were good... A little dry and could use some more sauce on the side. They were thinly sliced which is probably why it was a little dry when fried.
I personally had the breakfast special with sausage, eggs, toast, and some potatoes. Their potatoes were very unique tasting but I felt it was a little salty... the sausage was sausage and the rest was normal... didn't particular stand out to me but I don't think I ordered what they are famous for so therefore I don't know how valid this rating is...
Oh and I also had their yam fries. They weren't as good as I thought they were going to be...pretty meh to be honest.
But I must admit that the atmosphere was quite hip and chill! Quite the place to have a chat and just look around...

And my ratings are...
Cleaniness... 4 (they were busy and had some tables dirty and its an older place so little touch ups required maybe but it makes the place unique too)
Food - 3 
Service - 3.5 (it was chill)
Pricing - 5 (for what I had I think it was priced quite well) 


JosieNg's Thoughts
I have heard lots of reviews from this place and thought that we should try it out since some of my friends thought this restaurant was a hit.
So we got to the Sugar Bowl and sat ourselves. The servers were really nice and the restaurant was very comforting.
Lkung and I went to this restaurant in the morning so we decided to order some breakfast food since we havent had breakfast yet. I ordered a breakfast burrito and it was HUGE. The wrap had eggs, tomatoes, peppers, and onions. And i got some salsa and guacamole on the side. The wrap wasn't great but it wasn't bad either. It was on the bland side. Maybe they forgot to add salt or something but it was pretty bland. As I was eating nearer to the end of the wrap it was kinda soggy from the veggies inside the wrap.
Oh and I almost forgot. I also ordered a poutine. The fries inside the poutine were great. The fries actually stayed crispy even with the gravy on it. However, the gravy was really salty. But i did enjoy the fries themselves.
To be honest I would not go back for their breakfast but I  heard that the dinner menu burgers tasted pretty good. And I think that the burgers and cinnamon buns are what they are known for so I would definitely go back to give those a try.

My portion of the bill came out to be about $14. The burrito was $6 and the poutine was $8.

And my ratings...

Cleanliness - 2 (The cups that were used for water were really dirty)
Food - 3.5
Service - 4
Pricing - 4

Sugarbowl on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment