Thursday, October 27, 2011

Wasabi sushi (Southside)

Lkung's thoughts
So seriously in Edmonton we have a lot of japanese restaurants but ones that stand out are hard to find. This place totally tops the charts. Me and Josie went to eat lunch there today and let me tell you it was magnificent... I had a lunch bento with sushi combo number three and it was so good. The bento consisted of the normal - miso soup, rice, salad, tempura, sushi and chicken. To tell you the truth this would be the best $13.50 I have ever spent. They don't allow substitutions but it was super filling like super! But it was super good! Like the tempura was soft on the inside and then crispy on the outside! This restaurant is super authentic too like they do it Japanese style! Sushi had a small amount of wasabi in each one which is not expected but definitely how the Japanese eat it! The sushi stayed together so well yet so soft And the fish was good too! Fresh and thick sliced appropriately! Of course the California rolls and avocado which I a favorite was like outstanding but the only thing about this restaurant is that it is only open for lunch on Wednesday to Friday...
The restaurant was small but clean and they had so nice yet quiet waiters but they were real nice! It's a nice restaurant that I would definitely go back for like holy smokes so good!

Here are my ratings...
Cleanliness - 4 (I didn't check out the bathrooms)
Service - 4.5 (quiet waiter but he was real nice)
Food - 5 (must try!!! You are missing out)
Drinks - n\a (only had water)
Pricing - 4 (our specials were super good priced but sashimi wise it was high)

So for my bill it was $13.50 for the bento and then $10.50 for the sushi combo...

Let's pass it over to Josie! :)


JosieNg's thoughts
So I love sushi. I can eat sushi everyday if i could. This is by far the best Japanese restaurant that I have been to in Edmonton.  So Lkung and I have been wanting to try this place out for a while now and decided to go their for lunch today.
When you first step into this restaurant its pretty tiny but cozy like. Everyone there seemed friendly enough especially our waiter. The food also came out pretty fast.
So, I had the lunch bento which includes the miso soup, avocado maki (consistes of 6 pieces) and a California cone. In all honesty, I don't really like drinking miso soup but the miso soup that i had at Wasabi was delicious. Everything in the  bento tasted so good. The chicken teriyaki was crisp and the sauce was perfect. The tempura was crispy and cooked perfectly. The avocado maki that i had tasted so fresh and was just amazing. The California roll had like a burst of flavor then you first bite into it. And lastly the California cone looked beautiful, it was amazing. This was the best I've ever had.4
For my portion of the bill it was $13.50 for the lunch bento,$3.50 for the avocado maki, and $4.50 for the California cone.

And my ratings!
Cleaniliness - 4.5
Service - 5
Food - 5 (Definitely my go to place for sushi)
Drinks - 5 (Only had water)
Pricing - 4.5

Lunch Bento with rice and Miso soup
California Cone and Avocado Maki
Lunch Bento
Sushi Combo #3
Miso Soup
Sushi Wasabi on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment